How To: Pretty Product Packaging (Pt 2)
Hi + welcome to the 2nd segment of a 9-part series of something I am SUPER passionate about: Branding & Packaging!
As I've said before:
I've learned through my 7+ years of small creative business branding that
simplicity. is. always. best!
My mission: to create beautiful packaging ideas to inspire you in your creative business, and to send off your products in a way that will make your brand shine bright & really wow your clients.
So let's get off to the races with project #2: Custom Ribbon!
Project Two: Custom Ribbon
(with a little help from my friends at Paloma's Nest)
I said these projects would be simple and I promise they are truly simple.
Here are the steps, if you haven't already guessed them.
How To Make:
- Roll out some twill tape ribbon onto a spot you don't mind getting a little inky.
- Stamp all over your ribbon - I liked to space them about 2" apart
with the one illustration (the dove) stamped off the edges.
Don't worry about getting it perfect - perfect will look boring!
- Grab your box full of goods & wrap it up with kraft paper.
- Wrap your ribbon around, tie a bow + take a bow!
That's it! Your packaging is ready to go out and represent your brand!
Some Extra Notes for you, Ambitious Reader of All The Words:
- I also tried this ribbon with the logo stamps from last week's project and really loved it! The larger 2" x 2" stamp went off the edges and made a really cool effect that would match all the rest of Catie Miller Ceramics' branding; so don't worry if your logo or brand name sizing doesn't line up exactly with the specs from this project.
- One of the best parts of having your illustrations made into separate stamps from your brand name text is how much more you can do: stamp business cards with the image above your brand name, stamp your illustrations all over your kraft paper for packaging similar to my last project, really the possibilities are endless.
- You can also switch up your illustration stamps to show off a new collection, new branding, etc.
See below for a peek at the next packaging project especially for
farmer's market + small biz farm friends: branded egg cartons!
* Product links are not affiliate links. They're links to the products I use because I love them, period. If you love this project, I'd love to make up some stamps for you here and get you started on your way to packaging greatness! ;)