How To: Pretty Product Packaging (Pt 8)
Hi + welcome to the 8th segment of a 9-part series of something I am SUPER passionate about: Branding & Packaging!
Simplicity helps make your branding identity memorable,
makes customers feel extra special with their happy mail
+ keeps them coming back to you for more.
My mission: to create beautiful packaging ideas to inspire you in your creative business, and to send off your products in a way that will make your brand shine bright & really wow your clients.
So let's get off to the races with project #8: Custom StayFlat Mailers + Tags
I said these projects would be simple and I promise they are truly simple.
Here are the steps, if you haven't already guessed them.
How To Make:
- Stamp your logo onto the bottom right corner of your stayflat (already BRANDED, BOOM)
- Stamp the words sideways along your stayflat, right in the center, and then on the top and the bottom until you're stamping off the edge.
Don't worry about being perfect, perfect is boring!!!
- If you'd like, brand white tags as well for putting inside.
(Silly-Maker-Oops note: don't use riveted gift tags like I did if you're packaging art, it'll leave little circles on your work! Flat tags are best ;)
That's it! Your packaging is protected & ready to go out and represent your brand!
Some Extra Notes for you, Sweet Friend:
- Getting a stamp of your handwriting is a great way to promote your personal brand in a way that will stand out and is SUPER YOU. Just write, paint or letter your text in dark/black ink on white paper and then scan in at high resolution (300dpi+). Send it along to me via my website or to my email, email@example.com and I will get you started on your way to stamp greatness ;)
- The "printing off the edge" technique is an awesome way to make a large stamp go even farther and also, for whatever reason, looks super professional and sweet. It's a technique I use a lot on my own packaging, and one of my favorites!
See below for a peek at the *final* GRAND FINALE packaging project:
Brand all the things!!!
* Product links are not affiliate links. They're links to the products I use because I love them and think they will best serve you for this project, period. If you loved making it up (or just dreaming it up!), I'd love to make up some stamps for you here and get you started on your way to packaging greatness! ;)